Apr 12th, 2016: It seems not working lately with newer iOS versions, I’m sorry for this problem! If you have not purchased it but are considering, please don’t buy it until this warming disappears or you have money to burn.
- Body View – Accessing the visual body view(A.K.A skeleton view).
- Color View – Accessing the the color image data.
- Depth View – Accessing the the depth image data.
- infrared View – Accessing the the infrared image data.
- Motion Test – Swiping your hand to rotate a cube.
- VR Test – Experiencing Virtual Reality with Google Cardboard.
This was my hobby project. You need to have a Kinect v2 that successfully run on Win 8 PC firstly.
If you wanna experience things ’bout Kinect v2 on iPhone. I think it worth a try.
What’s not so good is the latency and the screen of iPhone before 6/6 Plus is not big enough for the VR experience. (I haven’t tried iPhone 6/6 Plus and don’t know how the app would be on it though.)
It’s funny when I showed the app to my sister and she didn’t know the Kinect besides, she’s like, “Wow, the iPhone can track the motion of someone that holds the phone!”
I hope you’ll enjoy it.
Download the PC Server:
Kv2 Viewer PC Server v1.2.zip (downloaded 1167 times)
Kv2 Viewer PC Server v1.1 (downloaded 574 times)
Simply unzip the file and run the exe file.
You need a wifi network that can be connects to the PC and iPhone at the same time. Then do as the video instruction.
· Sometimes you may need to force the PC server application to quit with task manger.
I will add more features to it, like Facial Expression, Heart Rate Detection(When officially supported). And will make a better PC server.
5/16/2015 – App updated to v1.2.1
* Bug fixes
* Simplify the way you connect the PC server, please download the latest PC server
Now you can just scan the QR code on PC without typing IP/Port values.
12/29/2014 – Oops! I didn’t remember to include the Kinect.Face.dll in the zip file. Just added.
12/16/2014 – The v1.1 is finally ready for sale.
* Highly optimized color, depth, infrared features.
* Head rotation is available in VR Test.
Please download and use the latest PC server here.
12/8/2014 – The app has just been submitted. It may be available in a week or more…
11/7/2014 – Hey guys, I’m updating the app, it won’t be available till it’s updated.
9/22/2014 – App available on App Store.