I had been so busy recently. Finally got some time and done this work, tracking the tip of tongue with Kinect v2.
Here’s the steps to track tip of tongue with Kinect sensor.
- Get the mouth area in the depth image by using face tracking.
- Get the smallest depth(then it is closest to the Kinect sensor) inside the mouth area. That’s the depth part of the tongue’s tip!
- Get the relative position according to the mouth area to know the tongue’s direction.
- Show the tracking results when the mouth is open.
* P.S. I gotta say the researchers from Japan made it 2 years ago, too. They beat me to it. So it’s not me that showed you the tip-of-tongue tracking ability first. 🙂